FieldView Enhances Data Center IT Power Management
DataCenter Dynamics, New York City, NY – March 13, 2012 – FieldView Solutions today unveiled FieldView 5.0 IT power management features at the DataCenter Dynamics New York City event. Working closely with customers, the industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) provider tailored its new offering with Microsoft® Business Intelligence (BI) tool sets, provided access to structured data through an Open Database Connection (ODBC), and added colocation support enabling application assets to be provisioned and easily maintained. (Also please see FieldView Solutions’ Intel news release, FieldView 5.0 Data Center IT Power Management Joins Intel DCM, March 13, 2012.)
Today’s announcement addresses the need for IT and facility managers to efficiently manage the data centers’ escalating space, power, and cooling requirements. Fred Dirla, CEO of FieldView Solutions, elaborates, “The mainstream adoption of cloud computing, software as a service (SaaS) and the proliferation of mobile devices are putting new pressures on data centers to maintain services. Without complete visibility into the cooling, power and server space requirements—of the entire data center footprint; IT and facilities managers are simply flying blind and ineffectively utilizing resources. FieldView 5.0 was developed from direct customer feedback and enhanced with new toolsets to better equip managers with the data they need to cost-effectively keep information flowing.”
New FieldView 5.0 enhancements include:
- Business Intelligence (BI) offering – The Analysis Agent – The Analysis Agent leverages Microsoft’s Business Intelligence (BI) toolset for online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, charting and data presentation as well as operational and ad hoc reporting.
- Colocation Suite – The suite is a set of tools to support colocation tenants, providers and managers. New reports are infused with micro permissions as well as zone security to cover cabinets, circuits, IO points, and strips. In addition, space charts have been added to provide enhanced visual representations of a tenant’s occupancy, space and resource utilization.
- Enhanced Polling Agent – FieldView users may now poll one or more locations from any single polling agent instance in the server topology as well as select and configure specific devices as “critical.” In addition, an open polling interface is now available to support structured data access through an Open Database Connection (ODBC) to any compatible database management system.
- Radically Redesigned Heat Maps – FieldView’s heat map page has been redesigned to enable rapid, effective data interpretation across multiple status dimensions, vis-à-vis a single view. In addition, a new snapshot feature has been added for point-in-time visualizations as well as a new slideshow feature to build automated displays of data center temperature.
- Asset Agent – The asset agent is designed to function as a complete solution for customers without an asset management application or as an integration point into existing asset solutions.
- Intel® DCM Integration – New, more granular level of monitoring which enhances the power of FieldView 5.0. Users can now monitor and trend temperature, power and utilization data at the server level via Intel DCM 3.0.
The company will be showcasing FieldView 5.0 on March 13th at DataCenter Dynamics in New York City. Interested parties are encouraged to visit booth #64 for more details.
For additional information, please contact FieldView Solutions at (732) 395-6920 or via email at email@example.com. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on their blog, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn.
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today’s complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company’s flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2006. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing for FieldView Solutions