Edison, N.J. — May 3, 2012 — FieldView Solutions, IT power management experts and the industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) provider, has been selected for Gartner’s 2012 Cool Vendors in DCIM and Related Tools Report published April 27, 2012.
In addition to Gartner’s highlights, FieldView’s DCIM solution is also engineered with the following features:
- Business Intelligence (BI) offering – The Analysis Agent – The Analysis Agent leverages Microsoft’s Business Intelligence (BI) toolset for online analytical processing (OLAP), data mining, charting and data presentation as well as operational and ad hoc reporting.
- Colocation Suite – The suite is a set of tools to support colocation tenants, providers and managers. New reports are infused with micro permissions as well as zone security to cover cabinets, circuits, IO points, and strips. In addition, space charts have been added to provide enhanced visual representations of a tenant’s occupancy, space and resource utilization.
- Enhanced Polling Agent – FieldView users may now poll one or more locations from any single polling agent instance in the server topology as well as select and configure specific devices as “critical.” In addition, an open polling interface is now available to support structured data access through an Open Database Connection (ODBC) to any compatible database management system.
- Radically Redesigned Heat Maps – FieldView’s heat map page has been redesigned to enable rapid, effective data interpretation across multiple status dimensions, vis-à-vis a single view. In addition, a new snapshot feature has been added for point-in-time visualizations as well as a new slideshow feature to build automated displays of data center temperature.
- Asset Agent – The asset agent is designed to function as a complete solution for customers without an asset management application or as an integration point into existing asset solutions.
- Intel® Data Center Manager (DCM) Integration – New, more granular level of monitoring which enhances the power of FieldView 5.0. Users can now monitor and trend real-time temperature, power and utilization data at the server level via Intel DCM 3.0 and increase their power efficiency by as much as 40 percent.
“Data center power consumption and cooling needs continue to be among the primary concerns facing facilities and IT manager as well as engineers,” said Fred Dirla, CEO of FieldView Solutions. “Although their concerns are understandable, the DCIM market—with its many vendors and offerings—can often be confusing. Gartner’s DCIM and Related Tools Report is a valuable reference to help cut through the vendor clutter and focus on data center monitoring solutions with proven results. We are humbled to be among the few vendors included within this report.”
For additional information, please contact FieldView Solutions at (732) 395-6920 or via email at email@example.com. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on their blog, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn.
About the Cool Vendors
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today’s complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company’s flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2006. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing for FieldView Solutions