New Offering Leverages Preconfigured Map Views and Enhanced Web Browser Navigation to Send Users on a Virtual Data Center Tour—Experiencing NearlyEvery IT and Facilities Aspect
Edison, N.J. – June 23, 2011 —FieldView Solutions, a provider of industry-leading data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software, today unveiled FieldView 4.0 — an enhanced version of the Company’s award-winning Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution. The new version of the software boasts advanced system measurement tools and streamlined analytical reports that improve and control data center energy usage—while validating cost savings across globally distributed environments.
“The management of datacenters has become significantly more complicated in recent years, and the consequences of poor decisions can be hugely expensive. Those datacenters that are effectively optimized for efficiency and availability through the application of good software tools will not only save their organizations millions of dollars, but the risk of serious service disruption can be substantially reduced,” said Andy Lawrence, Research Director, Eco-Efficient IT at The 451 Group. “FieldView, used by many blue chip companies, is one such tool: it is clearly designed by and for dedicated datacenter managers, who need visibility into their entire infrastructure, not just the servers and the racks.”
Fred Dirla, CEO of FieldView Solutions, underscores the need for his Company’s solution against a backdrop of rising data storage and energy costs, “It is estimated that the amount of data stored in today’s IT universe is at a zettabyte and growing rapidly. Simply put: more information means more servers; more storage; more equipment and higher energy consumption for organizations. FieldView 4.0 was designed to help data center and facilities managers easily gain a holistic view into their entire environments, ensuring the centers are operating efficiently and reliably as well as enabling better management of complex metrics to validate operational performance.”
New FieldView 4.0 enhancements include:
- Site Metrics Ribbon (SMR) – New views drill down into country, state, location and actual data center floor plans to enable at-a-glance viewing of detailed information such as server heat maps (in front and behind servers), power loads, backup generator diesel fuel levels and much more.
- Redesigned User Interface (UI) – Customizable Web browser-type “favorite pages” enable users to quickly experience most desired, data center information search results.
- The Metrics Viewer (MV) – An analytics and reporting portal allowing multiple, real-time IT and facilities metrics to be easily monitored while providing specialized controls for generating comparative analysis, for when the standard metrics and reports are just not enough.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Reports and Charts – Pre-defined BI reports using industry standards and thresholds, regulatory guidelines, comparative metrics/analysis, and operator best practices are now embedded within the solution.
- Critical Polling Agent (CPA) – Allows configuration of selected devices for high priority, high-performance polling, to reduce alarming latency on live equipment.
- Visibility into Infrastructure and Supporting Computing Equipment – FieldView’s expanded database contains Web pages and reporting tools necessary to manage mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, to help unleash stranded and locked BMS data.
- Zone Concept (ZC) – Enables users, specifically colocation providers, the ability to sub-divide data into user groups, separate locations, applications or system privileges.
- Enhanced Operational Reporting – Allows users to set parameters for generating and viewing operational reports.
- Enterprise Integration Layer (EIL) – An open database polling option which uses the ODBC standard and published APIs to poll devices, with values stored in third-party or other independent databases.
“This latest round of enhancements adds to the already impressive capabilities of the FieldView platform. We strive to be unique in the DCIM space with almost unlimited enterprise scalability, browser-based availability, real-time views, vendor and hardware neutrality, quick deployment and out-of-the-box functionality. This is how FieldView rises above the noise in a very crowded market to meet and exceed our customer needs,” Dirla concluded.
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today’s complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company’s flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2006. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing for FieldView Solutions