Company’s CSO Addresses Data Center World Attendees with Insightful Experience for Effective Data Center Management
Edison, N.J. – August 29, 2011 —FieldView Solutions, a provider of industry-leading Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software – and recent recipient of venture-led funding— today announced that David Schirmacher, Chief Strategy Officer for FieldView Solutions, has been invited by Data Center World to help define the Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) marketplace. Taking place in Orlando, Florida, September 12th at 1:45PM, Room Grand 1, Schirmacher’s discussion is titled, You Can’t Change What You Can’t See : DCIM in the Darkand will help IT and facility managers gain a better understanding of DCIM, how it’s applicable and how the industry is utilizing it to streamline operations.
“Today’s data center managers need to secure their infrastructure with compliance to regulatory guidelines for energy efficiency, using a single method to monitor, assess and optimize the entire infrastructure, from servers to chillers,” said David Schirmacher, CSO, FieldView Solutions. “DCIM meets these needs with a unified view to fully managing risk, capacity, utilization, energy and overall performance of a data center.”
In addition to speaking, FieldView Solutions will also showcase its FieldView 4.0 DCIM solution at Booth #418. In conjunction with demonstrating the solution’s advanced data center system measurement tools and power/cooling analytical reports, the company will be on hand to help further demystify DCIM, and clarify its relationship and value to facilities and network managers.
FieldView 4.0 is the trusted DCIM tool used by three of the world’s largest banks and nine of the Fortune 250 enterprise organizations. Andy Lawrence, Research Director, Eco-Efficient IT at The 451 Group, elaborates, “FieldView, used by many blue chip companies, is clearly designed by and for dedicated data center managers, who need visibility into their entire infrastructure, not just the servers and the racks.”
FieldView 4.0 offers:
- Site Metrics Ribbon (SMR) – New views drill down into country, state, location and actual data center floor plans to enable at-a-glance viewing of detailed information such as server heat maps (in front and behind servers), power loads, backup generator diesel fuel levels and much more.
- Redesigned User Interface (UI) – Customizable Web browser-type “favorite pages” enable users to quickly experience most desired data center information search results.
- The Metrics Viewer (MV) – An analytics and reporting portal allowing multiple, real-time IT and facilities metrics to be easily monitored while providing specialized controls for generating comparative analysis, for when the standard metrics and reports are just not enough.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Reports and Charts – Pre-defined BI reports using industry standards and thresholds, regulatory guidelines, comparative metrics/analysis, and operator best practices are now embedded within the solution.
- Critical Polling Agent (CPA) – Allows configuration of selected devices for high priority, high-performance polling, to reduce alarming latency on live equipment.
- Visibility into Infrastructure and Supporting Computing Equipment – FieldView’s expanded database contains Web pages and reporting tools necessary to manage mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, to help unleash stranded and locked BMS data.
- Zone Concept (ZC) – Enables users, specifically colocation providers, the ability to sub-divide data into user groups, separate locations, applications or system privileges.
- Enhanced Operational Reporting – Allows users to set parameters for generating and viewing operational reports.
- Enterprise Integration Layer (EIL) – An open database polling option which uses the ODBC standard and published APIs to poll devices, with values stored in third-party or other independent databases.
For more product information, schedule a live demo at (732) 395-6920 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For DCIM industry insight, follow FieldView Solutions on Twitter, YouTube, or join FieldView DCIM Professionals on LinkedIn. To schedule a face-to-face meeting with FieldView Solutions at Data Center World, please email email@example.com.
About FieldView Solutions
FieldView Solutions provides managers of today’s complex, mission-critical data centers with browser-based, scalable software tools that deliver a real-time view into all aspects of data center infrastructure management (DCIM). The company’s flagship product, FieldView, has helped data center operations professionals in many of the largest data centers in the U.S., Europe and Asia since 2003. The FieldView Solutions team is comprised of industry professionals with demonstrated experience in both the design and operation of data centers and the development of technology platforms that service them. FieldView Solutions meets the needs of a broad range of users, from smaller, single-site operators through large-scale global corporate clients. For more information, visit http://www.fieldviewsolutions.com.
For more information, contact:
BridgeView Marketing (for FieldView Solutions)