Nlyte Software First to Deliver Advanced Integrated Analytics for Intelligent Capacity Planning In The Data Center
Menlo Park, CA – December 6, 2010 – nlyte Software, a leading provider of performance-based solutions for Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), today launched nlyte 6.0, a major new advancement of its award-winning data center performance management suite.
nlyte 6.0 now incorporates nlyte Analytics, a set of fully integrated business intelligence capabilities allowing data center professionals, managers and executives to quickly gain visibility into the information and key performance indicators that help optimize the critical resources of power, cooling and space leading to reduced data center operating expenses and extended data center life. Users can gain detailed visibility into the current status of the business, enabling them to track how their data center operations are performing against strategic goals and how day-to-day execution is aligned with the broader corporate strategy.
nlyte Analytics comprises of three fully integrated modules, in support of intelligent capacity planning, all based on a completely new and highly optimized business intelligence architecture utilizing best practices in data warehousing, analytics and dimensional modeling. The three modules provide business users with a variety of data visualization and manipulation options:
- nlyte Dashboard – The brand new nlyte Dashboard makes available a number of pre-defined dashboards which, through state-of-the-art data visualization, provides senior management the critical operational metrics required to manage today’s sophisticated data center facilities. Users can, for example, see a high level roll-up of capacity data for power, cooling, space and network connections across an entire data center estate, incorporating full drill-down and time-series analysis. Customers also retain full flexibility to create, deploy and maintain their own dashboards using the nlyte Dashboard Manager, which provides the ability to create customized management dashboards using an easy to understand wizard-driven, drag-and-drop interface and an extensive array of data visualization conventions such as gauges, charts and maps.
- nlyte Report – The new nlyte reporting solution provides users with a flexible, easy-to-use reporting infrastructure to create, schedule, analyze, manage and distribute reports for a wide variety of IT and executive audiences. Also included is a rich library of standard reports to support daily operations, ongoing management and strategic planning. These include; cabinet and data center capacity utilization reports, forecast reports, equipment breakdown reports, power and network cabling reports, PDU and power infrastructure reports, service request reports, change reports, inventory reports and many others.
- nlyte Predict – Provides users with the ability to forecast and model the future state of a data center’s capacities based on historical data. The sophisticated modeling capabilities also allow users to minimize over-provisioning of the data center and to accurately predict the lifespan of their facilities.
The key underlying architectural elements consist of:
- An Operational Data Store (ODS) as a replica of the nlyte production Performance Management Database (PMDB)
- A near real-time data warehouse consisting of a series of dimensional data marts
- An automated ETL layer to extract, transform, and load the data from the ODS to the dimensional tables
- An OLAP solution containing measures and dimensions that allow for complex analytical and ad-hoc queries with a rapid execution time
These latest advancements in nlyte Analytics significantly enhance the nlyte best practice process cycle which allows users to automatically Discover IT assets, Visualize the physical and virtual infrastructure, Model move, add, change (MAC) initiatives, Control data center processes and personnel, Report on progress and Predict capacity resources well into the future. The nlyte suite provides a rapid ROI by reducing data center expenses by up to 20% annually and prolonging data center life by up to 5 years.
According to David Cappuccio, research vice president at Gartner, “DCIM solutions with advanced analytics and dashboarding capabilities will become a key part of a data center manager’s arsenal, providing valuable data needed to report on and improve energy efficiencies, identify potential infrastructure trouble spots and increase the effectiveness of capacity planning.”
“With nlyte Analytics, we freed up one-half a megawatt of power and our CIO was able to reallocate budgets from about 70 percent for operations and 30 percent for development to 40 percent for operations and 60 percent for building tools for the business,” said Ron Pepin, PNC Financial Services vice president and general manager of data center operations. “By freeing up power and space in our data centers, we extended their lifetimes from a five-year capacity to a 15 year capacity.”
“With nlyte, and its advanced analytic capabilities, we will be able to view, model and predict our data centre power, cooling and space requirements in near real-time which will enable us to make the most effective use of our distributed data centre estate” said Simon Brickett, head of data centre, managed services at Computacenter. “In addition, we will be able to help our customers to effectively manage their carbon footprint by using the nlyte software to track and manage our KPI-based Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and carbon footprint metrics at an individual customer level.”
“In the current climate, access to the right information at the right time has never been more important in optimizing data center resources, reducing energy costs and extending the life of existing data centers,” said Jon Temple, nlyte president and CEO. “nlyte 6.0 and its market-leading integrated analytics represents a major step forward in helping our customers analyze operational data to help them make the most efficient use of power, cooling and space through intelligent capacity planning.”
Please visit us at the Gartner Data Center Conference (Gartner Data Center Conference 2010 site) in booth #34 on December 6-9.
About nlyte Software
nlyte Software is a leading provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solutions for intelligent capacity planning. Its performance-based solution enables the world’s largest companies to optimally place data center assets to make the most efficient use of power, cooling and space, enabling a reduction in operating expenses by as much as 20% annually. Founded by data center professionals in 2003, nlyte Software is headquartered in Menlo Park, California and can be found online at http://www.nlyte.com.
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
Spiralgroup for nlyte