Leading Data Center Infrastructure Management Solution Expands Power Management Capabilities to Better Control and Reduce Energy Consumption in the Data Center
MENLO PARK, CA, June 8, 2010 – nlyte Software, a leading provider of performance-based solutions for Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), today unveiled nlyte 5.3, the next progression of its award-winning data center performance management suite.
nlyte 5.3 takes its leading power management capabilities to the next level by helping today’s largest data center operations reign in rapidly increasing energy costs, enabling a greener data center and preparing for inevitable legislation mandates. New features include: end-to-end power mapping, automated power load algorithms, and comprehensive modeling capabilities.
According to Rakesh Kumar, research vice president at Gartner, “Energy costs are the fastest-rising cost element in the data center portfolio, and yet data center managers are still not paying sufficient attention to the process of measuring, monitoring and modeling energy use in data centers.”
To address these needs, nlyte 5.3 adds the following new features that provide comprehensive power management for even the most complex environments:
- End-to-end power mapping, from the supplier sub-station’s feed, into the data center, through the Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS), Power Distribution Units (PDUs), generators, static switches and power strips to the servers. This enables data center managers to make better power decisions, forecast power costs more accurately and identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Automated power load algorithms calculate the power impact of any planned or actual Moves, Adds and Changes (MACs) in the data center, with results delivered through detailed and customizable reports.
- Power modeling of data center devices such as air conditioning units can now be included into the overall data center power consumption plan.
- Ability to model the impact of a power failure to the data center infrastructure.
- Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) modeling and reduction allows accurate calculation of the IT Equipment Power (ITEP) side of the PUE equation and visibility into the Total Facility Power (TFP) side, helping a data center achieve a PUE of 2.0 or lower.
“nlyte Software continues to demonstrate leadership in data center management with the release of nlyte 5.3,” said Alan Shaeffer, General Manager of RightStar Systems, “These new capabilities meet our customers growing challenge of managing and optimizing power usage while their data centers continue to expand in both size and complexity.”
“Our customers face the demand to both grow their business while simultaneously reducing their energy costs,” said Jon Temple, nlyte president and CEO. “nlyte 5.3 is another major step forward in helping our customers better manage their data centers while decreasing the size of their carbon footprint.”
For more information on nlyte 5.3 please visit the nlyte Software website: nlyte 5.3
About nlyte Software
nlyte Software is a leading provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) solutions for intelligent capacity planning. Its performance-based solution enables the world’s largest companies to optimally place data center assets to make the most efficient use of power, cooling and space, enabling a reduction in operating expenses by as much as 20% annually. Founded by data center professionals in 2003, nlyte Software is headquartered in Menlo Park, California and can be found online at http://www.nlyte.com.
About RightStar Systems
RightStar Systems’ mission is to help clients resolve service management challenges with efficient, value-driven strategies, intelligently deploying the industry’s leading software solutions.
Rightstar’s team has a nine-year history of consulting with clients and designing and implementing highly successful customer service systems. Clients use Rightstar to rapidly deploy help desks that are more responsive, efficient, and measurable – with fewer people. They focus on critical areas that affect the bottom line, increase return on invested capital, and help reduce costs by providing full lifecycle management of enterprise assets. To find out more about Rightstar Systems, visit www.rightstarsystems.com.
# # #
All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only.
Spiralgroup for nlyte