Nlyte Software Asset Manager® (NSAM) is one of Nlyte’s Technology Asset Management solutions and part of the Discovery line of products. NSAM is an agentless Software Asset Management (SAM) product for license compliance, entitlement management, and version tracking, providing mission critical information about an organization’s resources. NSAM monitors the software used in an organization, its license status, who it is used by, and what it is used for while also recognizing which applications are required and eliminate non-essential packages and associated costs.
How NSAM Helps You
Software License Compliance and Control
Whether responding to a software audit from a vendor (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft, SAP) or a compliance request from internal or external auditors, the solution helps gain clarity on assets and user entitlements, and reconciled against valid licenses.
Gives insight on where organizations are overspending on software assets so costs can be reduced without breaking licensing agreements.
Accurate Lifecycle Management
Enables business units and service desks to make operational decisions based on more accurate application information, such as versions and installation data.
Ability to clearly see where you have a shortage of licenses and/or entitlements creating a licensing liability.
NSAM Use Cases
Installed Software by Asset
Manage versions, license and support costs by tracking installed applications
- Optimize software licenses to reduce redundant or wasted assets
- Easily find software or service of high security risk
- Track legacy system for security and retirement
Software Audit and License Compliance
Discover all COTS and custom applications, distribution, and user information to comply with vendor audits and regulatory reporting.
- Automate vendor licensing to meet compliance reporting requirements
- Reduce risk of fines and penalties or embarrassing press for inability to track applications from vendors including Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, Adobe, etc.
- Regulatory compliance audits including databases
Risk Mitigation and Business Compliance
- Identification of unapproved potentially compromising software
- IT policy compliance
- Internal security policy compliance
Sharing information across groups from a central system of record enables complete lifecycle management
- Track application usage to departmental chargeback
- Ensure ERP, HR, and ITAM systems are synchronized from a single source of truth
- Reconcile software contract, purchase and procurement records
Technology Asset Management (TAM/ITAM) – Extending IT Asset Management to include IoT devices such as CCTV, medical equipment, and industrial equipment. Track and manage all things connected to the network. Discover and identify detailed information of devices, their configuration, and usage.
Nlyte Asset Integrity Manager (AIM) – Ensure the integrity of physical assets by providing a baseline of all assets, power systems and processes in your data center or colocation facilities. It improves management and strengthens the chain-of-custody of all data center assets from procurement through decommissioning.
Nlyte Data Center Service Management (DCSM) – Unify ITIL process management, ITSM systems, and DCIM together for a unified workflow process improving automation, efficiency of disaggregated teams, and lowering operational costs across the entire physical compute infrastructure.