We live in an increasingly digital world, and this has big implications for the environment. Already, data centers consume 3% of all electricity produced around the globe.
And while that sounds like it’s a small piece of the puzzle, the world-wide production of aluminum, one of the most electricity-intensive industries out there, also only uses 3%.
For data centers, this percentage is only set to grow, as experts expect our total data storage and usage to more than double — up to 181 zettabytes — over the next four years.
- What is a green data center and why should you care?
- Why going green is important
- The 3 main considerations when going green
- Driving and regulating the data center sustainability
- What are the key elements of a green data center?
- Metrics used in Data Center Sustainability
- The goals of a sustainable Data Center
- Finding a Green Data Center Partner