It’s been said that the biggest danger to physical compute infrastructure is human error.
Most of the time, these errors are not malicious, just authorized people making mistakes. They:
- Make incorrect/unplanned/unauthorized changes.
- Perform changes at unauthorized times.
- Fail to record these changes centrally.
- Turn off supporting equipment.
- Introduce new assets, which negatively affect operations.
- Fail to be aware of all firmware and software patches which might be vulnerable to cyber-attack.