Getting started with a DCIM solution can be intimidating. Some Data Center managers may wonder:
- How much will deploying a DCIM solution upset the day-to-day operations of my facility?
- Do I have the expertise to get the fullest return on investment from the DCIM solution?
- How do I choose the right DCIM product for my needs?
- Will all the effort be worthwhile?
My first advice would be: don’t worry. Successful, rapid, and minimally disruptive deployments can happen quite painlessly. The trick is to do your research. Make sure that the DCIM vendor that you choose is capable of not only delivering a holistic solution but can support you from installation and training all the way through to day-to-day ongoing improvements. Most importantly that the DCIM solution is scalable to your future needs.
To help address your questions, Nlyte has developed two resources:
- Nlyte White Paper: Getting Started with Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and
- Nlyte E-book: DCIM for Dummies.
The White Paper offers a step-by step guide to getting the DCIM process started while also explaining the four phases in the DCIM Maturity Model. Finally, it includes a list of job positions that benefit from DCIM deployment. It’s more than you think!
The Nlyte E-book is a light-hearted look at “all you need to know about DCIM.” It offers a detailed explanation of capabilities, features and components of the solution, and how it helps reduce costs, increase operational efficiency of your facility, and steps you can take for a successful DCIM deployment.
The Nlyte team is here to help! As always, you’re welcome to call or write us with any questions you have. We’re happy to address your unique challenges, give you a guided tour of Nlyte’s DCIM Solution and even point you toward more information and videos that might be helpful in your decision-making process.
Next step: Getting Started with DCSM (Data Center Service Management). Coming soon!