Would you want to entrust such a critical initiative to a series of spreadsheets?
Planning a data center consolidation or migration requires knowing exactly what assets you have, where they are located as well as their configuration and connectivity. It also requires the ability to model, report and communicate all future plans to the appropriate individuals for approval and implementation. Finally, a successful data center consolidation project is predicated upon having the solutions to effectively and efficiently manage and report on the status of the project throughout its duration.
The Nlyte DCIM solution reduces the cost, time and risk of migrations and consolidations by:
- Planning the capacity required to support the move.
- Establishing pre-move baselines to measure success.
- Developing a complete asset picture prior to starting.
- Visualizing and modeling the migration and consolidation process.
- Controlling data center processes and personnel.
- Reporting on progress throughout the project.
- Forecasting future capacity resources.
“It’s been a great tool in doing the migrations from our colocation facilities. And most importantly, we’ve been able to establish internal community support and use of Nlyte from the start.”
Josh Neyer, Sr. Director
Global Data Center Infrastructure, TransUnion
“Business requirements have significantly matured in the past two years with the introduction of new Data Center Services, including Hardware as a Service (HaaS) and Data Center Consolidations. Nlyte has served as a center-piece in planning and execution of these new services.”