On July 28th Nlyte joined forces with IDC analysts for an informative webinar – “Building Your Tool Kit For DCOI Compliance” – which featured IDC’s Research Director, Government Insights Shawn McCarthy and Research Director Jennifer Cooke. The analysts discussed strategies for government agencies to prepare for Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) compliance.
Among other valuable pieces of advice, Shawn and Jennifer encouraged the government agencies to consider the following critical steps to comply with the DCOI mandate:
- Automate – Old, time-consuming manual discovery methods are prone to error. Using a DCIM solution, federal data center operators can automate discovery and real-time monitoring — reducing mistakes, saving time and costs while obtaining analytics for actionable intelligence that can be readily used for improved efficiency and to optimize resources.
- Set baselines – If it’s not measured, it can’t be improved! It’s as simple as that. Knowing what equipment is in your data center, what it’s doing and the resources it’s consuming can lead you to improved efficiency and risk reduction.
- Looming Deadlines — Be aware of several upcoming deadlines.
- Strategic Plans are due by April 13, 2018.
- Manual data collection methods must be replaced with automated monitoring, inventory and management systems by September 30, 2018.
Access the webinar recording here for more unique insights most valuable to federal agencies in meeting the DCOI mandate. You’ll also benefit from the Q & A session at the end of the presentation.
If you have questions, drop Nlyte a line at email@example.com. We work with more than 30 federal agencies and know all the pain-points of the DCOI mandate and are ready to help.