7 Top Nlyte Connectors & Modules
Published on February 5, 2020,
Taking Your DCIM Solution to the Next Level
A Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) solution is vital to keeping your infrastructure running at peak performance. But it’s certainly not the only solution you have in your data center.
All of your solutions should work together to give you a clear, complete, up-to-date picture of your infrastructure. They shouldn’t be siloed and inaccessible to one another. This is why Nlyte offers a wide variety of connectors and modules to integrate with your other tools and solutions, whether new or existing, to enhance DCIM capabilities in the areas you need them most.
These connectors augment your Nlyte solutions, to provide more value. Pre-built connectors and modules are added on top of Nlyte Asset Optimizer, Nlyte Energy Optimizer, and Asset Explorer. They integrate with solutions like ServiceNow, BMC, Dell, Microsoft, VMware, HP, and many others.
Best of all – they work out of the box, and there is no expensive integration required.
So, what are these connectors, and what do they do?
The 7 Most Popular Nlyte Connectors – As reported by our customers.
- Nlyte for CMDB Integration – Nlyte ties into a number of CMDBs to synchronize data center physical asset information with your database. The user conducts an initial load, reconciles the information and synchronizes it going forward. Asset information can be shared bi-directionally or uni-directionally. This way, your people are dealing with the most up-to-date information while they are doing their jobs.
- Nlyte for Change Management – Here as well, Nlyte integrates with a great variety of change management systems. Readily incorporate change management process systems directly into Nlyte user-defined workflows. Relay each of the change management request types and trigger the next process in the workflow based on any of the out-of-the-box or user-defined statuses.
- Nlyte for Virtualization – Connect the virtual to the physical. Automatically discover and monitor each hypervisor’s virtual machines, with a single view across all physical and virtual devices. Application relationship changes are automatically updated for each hypervisor in Nlyte.
- Nlyte Audit – This module reduces time to install equipment, capturing changes and improving data accuracy – at the location of the change. It’s built with insights from thousands of auditing man-hours experience using any combination of handheld barcode scanner with a tablet. Users can scan an asset tag, confirm its information or add it to the Nlyte Content Database.
- Nlyte Receiving – Works seamlessly with DCIM. Simply scan and verify an asset right at goods receiving, initiating the next workflow step for accurate, well-controlled, asset lifecycle management. Get your assets added, running, and making money for you as fast as possible.
- Nlyte for RFCode – RF Code Asset Manager, an RFID solution, notifies Nlyte Asset Optimizer (NAO) of any device movements to keep your DCIM asset inventory up-to-date. In turn, NAO gives RF Code Asset Manager asset location and cabinet definitions, and other details. Your data is synchronized between the two systems.
- Nlyte System Utilization Monitoring (NSUM) – NSUM can actually stand on its own. We call this one the Zombie Killer. NSUM provides real-time system monitoring to help you identify underutilized devices that are wasting energy, out of compliance, or unreachable. It raises server utilization rates and supports DCOI server utilization objectives.
Other Solutions Vendors Supported:
Microsoft, CA, Cherwell, Citrix, Oracle, RedHat, Nutanix, SalesForce, SynapSense, Ivanti, SNOW
Check out our video about the most popular connectors and modules, according to you, our customers. You may even spot one you don’t have that would come in handy.
Ready to see a demo of any of the above? Let us know!